Ohh god... What have I let myself in for ?

Keeper96

Lol, I've just bitten the bullet and ordered a Zeus front disk kit,(new wolf rims with it) new front seats and might opt for a 200di setup from a Disco...

total cost? .... uhm don't tell my wife...

total fun, way more than the amount above.

Likewise the photos!

Tdis are quite heavy, noisy and harsh, so you will need some type of noise proofing and if you can, find a way of retaining the Discovery mountings. You can just use the original engine's left hand mount and bracket and perhaps the right side too, though you might need the right mount from a Defender (or earlier 12J or 19J diesel engine and perhaps the 2.5 petrol, as certainly all the diesels and possibly the petrol had the same mounts). The Discovery engine has a higher mounting of the fuel injection pump, so there is a chance the Series mount will squeeze under it, but I really don't know. Certainly doesn't with the Defender engine.

You will have problems with the turbo fouling the chassis, but on an 88", you can rotate the compressor housing to clear it.

It's a good conversion and should be reliable as well as very drivable and fairly economical. The only downside is the noise.

you might need the right mount from a Defender (or earlier 12J or 19J diesel engine and perhaps the 2.5 petrol, as certainly all the diesels and possibly the petrol had the same mounts)

I can confirm 2.5 petrol engine mounts are the same as the 2.5 diesels

So picked it up on the weekend, rough round the edges and needs a few patches here and there but on the whole it's pretty good.

Needs the transfer box changing as it whines and there's a horrible noise in reverse so need to look into that but I'm happy with it.

Going to get it on the road and running while we accumulate a store of new and reconditioned parts and galvanised chassis and try to rebuild it over the space of a couple of weeks in about a years time.

Jamie

post-51959-0-22253100-1460400169_thumb.jpeg

It's likely the strongest point of the complete chassis! Ductape rules!!!

Highly possible!! Just spent time trying to take the rear tub off to get a go at the chassis and gave up after having to grind off half the tub to X member bolts and shearing the other half...

Think if can wait for better weather or the weekend haha

Good looking car btw!