Stage one chassis

Marc.be

Think your best bet it to hang the engine & transmission in the chassis with the correct propshafts if you're moving all that metal around.

We used a different - but not easy to find - powersteering box and that doesn't require all that metal moving..

If you are retaining the standard 4-cyl transmission, you don't need to make any chassis changes other than engine brackets - the V8 conversion is a well troden and well proven route without much chopping, just a tight fit on the left exhaust manifold against the bulkhead and a clearance issue between oil filter and diff on some engines.

As for moving the cross member for the PAS, you get a much easier conversion with much better results for driving, maintenance and robustness using a P38 steering box. You could also use an "opposite side" Adwest box outboard of the chassis in the same way as the P38 type, ie a LHD box on an RHD vehicle and vice versa. It saves chassis butchery and also keeps the box out of the way of the radiator.

Hello,

does anybody has the measurements of a stage one chassis?

I need to know where I have to weld the engine mounts because i'm modifying a diesel series to v8.

Kind regards,

Marc

i have a stage one, currently its in a million pieces, so i can take some measurements for you, just as a ballpark figure if you are interested...hope that helps