Wiper motor bracket

Is there different size motors? Perhaps the one you have is for a bigger motor, do you have the old one to compare? I've just refitted my motor as I've put a new rear door on my 1994 Defender 90 County, there's no pad behind it, I had to replace the two rubber grommets and the outer washer with new, the only bit I couldn't get from the LR parts shop near me was the inner washer but I have a good selection of washers in which I found one the right size.

Okay, understood. Never had reason to go into the front wiper motor myself but would it not be a good idea for you to acquire the pad and then see if the bracket is too big?, space under the cover for the motor is restricted so I guess they would all be a standard size.

I fitted a new wiper motor strap today, BHA4790L. It seems to big. I havn't got the pad behind it but even if I fitted the pad it looks a bit big. Is there a smaller strap available? Its to fit a 1995 300 TDi Defender 90. Thanks

fits all 90/110, you need the rubber pad between motor & bulkhead as well or the motor will just flop about when operated.

When I replaced my wiper motor on my project (its a 110 200tdi but according to book its the same part) I didn't put the rubber pad in the back to start with and there was a lot of play ,found the pad put it in and it was a tight fit then. I thought the same as you that the pad wouldn't fill it but it did.