90 200TDI - 300TDI Conversion

As for refitting everything back on ( gaskets ) are they all dry gaskets meaning no gasket slonk needed as when I removed the timing cover, case, sump and ladder frame there was no gaskets one either the sump or the ladder frame but loads of slonk, the timing cover and case had gaskets fitted with loads of slonk used

Rebuilt the bottom end up on Saturday after checking the crank and con rod's for play last weekend then today I removed the head check for play in the bores and that there are honeing marks which there is so everything looks ok there, the only thing I was a bit curious about was no 3 piston had more build up of carbon than the rest it other than that it looks ok, when I removed the rocker cover I found a round plate and screw in there don't know what it's off as it was nothing to do with the engine it didn't look damaged but there was only one screw and there was two holes in the plate but I couldn't find anything in the Pistons so I think the rocker cover had been off for some reason and some how the plate and screw was placed in there why I don't know, then before fitting the new Elring H/G I replaced the push rods just as a matter of course as they don't always get replaced then replaced the H/G and replaced the head bolts just need to fit the manifolds and it's ready for going in