Is my battery on the way out ??

When starting the 110 during the last few weeks I've had a number of instances where the radio/cd player thingy gets re-set as if all power cut.

Thinking about this I also noticed this morning that the voltmeter was under 12 volts before firing up the engine. When turning the engine over it was at zero volts and the radio reset...

Is it time to think about battery replacement ?

(Alternator is new)

Engine fires every time and spins well on the starter.

If... I said IF I need to consider replacement, should I go for higher amp rated battery in case ?

(Sorry no idea what the current rating is without going outside to look...)

Thanks in advance,

Read and done... Thanks Tony...

Went to local garage and drop test & charging all look ok !

So.. Should I run a fused wire direct to battery for constant feed to radio ? (Is off same loom feed as cigarette lighter presently)

Or do I just say "Hey ho... It's gonna happen"

(Don't really want to go the second battery route... Makes the radio a bit expensive....)

Read and done... Thanks Tony...

Went to local garage and drop test & charging all look ok !

So.. Should I run a fused wire direct to battery for constant feed to radio ? (Is off same loom feed as cigarette lighter presently)

Or do I just say "Hey ho... It's gonna happen"

(Don't really want to go the second battery route... Makes the radio a bit expensive....)

Have a standard LR battery sitting in the garage off my 2005 Defender if you want it for a tenner.

Cheers

Steve

Cheers Red...

Doesn't happen each time.. One is switched and one perm live. (Is not connected to a switched supply though ! It's perm live off the loom.. Same as clock and cigarette lighter...)

I'm gonna hotwire direct to battery and see if the problem stops.. If it does I'll run the wire properly.

It is on a permanent live Ralph.. Nice purple wire that feeds the clock and cigarette lighter...

I recon I'll have to suck and see as I'm resisting a winch for now so have no genuine need for two batteries in the car !

stuffed that idea then, thinking about my radi/cassette with it switched on, then start the engine it cuts the radio off but doesn't loose the presets I've entered, it's wired similar to yours.

I think the star relay drops all non start system so the engine can have as much battery power as possible, can't look at the wiring diagram as I'm elsewhere.