Mid-Box Replacement Pipe

:angry:

Anyone know of a company who sells a mid-box replacement pipe for the 110 300 Tdi?

Scorpion only do one for the TD5 110 and 90 300Tdi.

They say there's no demand for the 110.... so quoted me a full-system instead.

Hmmm.

Anyone know different?

Guest diesel_jim

Just get your old middle silencer, cut both flanges off the ends, bolt them back in place, measure the gap between the two, then take them to an exhaust place and ask them if they'll weld a bit in.

shouldn;t cost you more than a tenner.

I'm going to do that when my zorst goes. It should decrease back-pressure, get the turbo to spin up faster and all for a small increase in noise (I hope). But my zorst is still good at 11years and 150k miles. That's the trouble with living on the highveld :D

ps. earlier this year we fitted a turbo (from Oz) to a Nissan 4.2 six fitted to a SIIB 110" fc. We had the exhaust system made with NO silencers, and it was still quieter than the original.

But apparently it is illegal in the UK to not have a silencer at all. I suppose you could make a fake one to fool the feds.

I'm going to do that when my zorst goes. It should decrease back-pressure, get the turbo to spin up faster and all for a small increase in noise (I hope). But my zorst is still good at 11years and 150k miles. That's the trouble with living on the highveld :D

ps. earlier this year we fitted a turbo (from Oz) to a Nissan 4.2 six fitted to a SIIB 110" fc. We had the exhaust system made with NO silencers, and it was still quieter than the original.

But apparently it is illegal in the UK to not have a silencer at all. I suppose you could make a fake one to fool the feds.

Jim, I doubt if you'd feel any difference in swapping out the muffler as it's a straight through, perforated tube centre box on a 300Tdi, and is a larger ID than the exhaust pipe.

FWIW, the 3" system on mine was unbearably loud sans muffler or resonator. SWMBO reckons she could hear me 5km away and the drone at 100km/h was dreadful so installed a 12" resonator right at the rear of the system. Much better.