Wont start

BigBoy

Hi I have a disco 1993 200tdi I can unlock vehicle with fob central locking works ok.put the key in ignition and the usual lights come on turn Nothing, no clicking from solenoid but will start with a tow.!! I think it may be something to do with the alarm cutting out the start feed,

Can this be bypassed or hotwired as I only use it on the farm ?? Ta

I'm not sure you quite realise what you've asked, but effectively you're asking for a way to bi pass a security system, I.e recording in the interweb a way to help potential thieves... you'll probably finds you won't get that many replies...

Following a complaint I have removed one response to this post although I didn't entirely agree with the complainant.

I am not sure it is "telling you how to bypass a security system" and the answer is intuitively fairly obvious to an auto electrician (or, I suspect, somebody that nicks vehicles for a living). I suspect a twenty plus year old vehicle is not exactly a prime theft target, and the answer certainly won't help with stealing any newer vehicles which have quite advanced security systems - in those the starter motor is only one part (and by far the easiest to energise) that needs to be present to make an engine run.

Non starting is nothing to do with the alarm but with the immobiliser, but still part of the same security ecu.

When immobilised part of the starter relay circuit is missing therefore you are unable to crank the engine, at the same time the starter solenoid circuit is also inhibited, either or both need checking if you believe that this is your issue, unfortunately it may not be of course as there are other parts within the system or engine that may be faulty.