Rear brake binding

Mr brothers 300tdi 90 has not had much use recently. When it was taken out it suffered recently from the brake pedal becoming very hard with zero free play left after 15mins driving , and a then a constant squealing from the drivers side rear brake.

The disc showed slight signs of the pads dragging. I assumed it to be a partially stuck rear caliper, so I swapped the whole caliper for a new one, and fitted stainless steel pistons to it at the same time, and new pads to the rear axle. I also adjusted the servo to allow a bit more free play.

It has improved, but after ten minutes driving the pedal still rises up towards the driver, and I have heard a very slight squeal from the same rear caliper, although nowhere near as bad as before. Anyone any ideas?

Hard to say what the cause may be but inspect the brake line to the affected side to see if it might be crimped anywhere, a stick or a stone may have flipped up and crushed in the pipe a little somewhere causing the line to pressurise more than it should when the pedal is applied. Just a thought.