history for 2a?

bmwrovers

I'm trying to track back the history of my '62 series 2a 109 3 door... any suggestions?

I've got the build date, color, and sold to San Fransisco LR, from the archives, but i've was told from p.o. that it was with the WorldHealth Organization before his p.o. bought it from them... and also a rumor that it was in a movie?

This is some history i'd love to know!

post-112197-0-96035900-1461865111_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I agree with twizzle, but bear in mind that the first thing they will ask is that you put your location (city) in your profile.

There are a few S2C members in the States, so it's possible they may be able to help, giving you details of meetings and clubs that operate in your area.

The other information they want is the chassis number, from which they can confirm its build date, and possibly the original colour.

If you can get any pictures from the previous owners it may help it being recognised.

I don't know the WHO; did they paint their vehicles in different colours?

Look at any scratches, or dents for what colour it may have been, before it reverted to Deep Bronze Green.

Regards.