Discovery 2 central locking not working HELP pls

fenton10

Hi just wondering if anyone has any ideas on my central locking not working.

Key fobs won't open the car but does communicate with the car as press unlock and interior lights come on. Also disarms the alarm ( can tell this as when unlocking door with key and not pressed unlock alarm goes off) .

Tested bonnet switch and that works as opened bonnet and held it down and pressed lock on key fob the alarm goes off when releasing it.

The central locking doesn't work when manually turning key in drivers door. Or off the button inside.

Is there a relay or something that it uses ? The 25amp fuse is intact I check that first.

Any help would be appreciated. ?
Cheers Andy

• 1 year later...

Hi Fenton 10 , and all , 

Did you get an nowhere to your problem , as I have the same problem !! Dads Disco 2 , been left for 6 months , only opens by key on drivers side .All doors were "superlocked" , so had to get the Power probe out , and unlock the doors individually .The central locking does not work on the fob , although the hazards flash on the dashboard , the interior light comes on , and the LED stops flashing , and engine de immobilises .

The central locking won't operate at all , the rear electric windows don't work , the rear wiper doesn't work ,the indicators don't work ( just the ones on the dashboard, main beam warning light doesn't work .central locking button on dashboard does not work either .

Have changed the BCU , for a used item , and that had no effect , other than set off the alarm that my remote was not programmed to !! I have a Hawkeye , and have done the manual circuit check , and done of the locking works on there either .Incidentally , I briefly supplied 12v power to the rear window buttons , and they both worked .

And help greatfully appreciated .