300TDI GS EGR/Airflow meter removal.

Ladge

I have a Discovery GS 300tdi it’s a 1998 model not the td5, anyway the engine has the EGR fitted which I want to remove, but it also has the air flow meter fitted, so obviously I want that out as well, if I remove both these things, EGR and airflow meter is there anything this might affect or anything else I should be aware of, that might need removing.

EGR is no problem, fit blanking plates and forget, the air flow meter being fitted would mean you have an EDC engine, you could remove it but not worth it unless it's not working.

If you do decide to remove it then you need to swap the injection pump too.

The EDC system is very simple and doesn't often give problems, no need to fear it because it's electronic lol

EGR is no problem, fit blanking plates and forget, the air flow meter being fitted would mean you have an EDC engine, you could remove it but not worth it unless it's not working.

If you do decide to remove it then you need to swap the injection pump too.

The EDC system is very simple and doesn't often give problems, no need to fear it because it's electronic lol

Thanks for the info appreciate it,

IMHO if your engine's got the EDC I'd stick with it: electronic control of idle/off-idle and low-throttle fuelling is vastly better than any purely-mechanical clockwork-control can achieve.

Absolutely, its a good system, why mess with it ?