tuff trek roof tents

marktdi

Hi i have had a good search on the forum and found lots of info on roof tents . I am looking at the tuff trek ones and the ones that direct 4x4 sell . It would be either 1.6 or 1.8 wide . Just wanted to know if any one has used these tents or had a chance to have a good look at them to give a review on quality . It will be used for touring uk and europe .

Thanks

Tuff trek every time great tent I bought one a year and a half ago used it in the uk Spain and Portugal for the money I think they are good value the materials they are made of is not like a lot of the outher ones that are that lightweight stuff if you give Dara a ring he is very helpfull.

I have their roof tent with annexe under neath. Also got the 270 degree awning. Both are very good quality made of ripstop material. Also dara at tuff trek actually knows what good customer service is and cannot be faulted. Depending on the hight of what your mounting it to depends if you also need extended ladder and annexe extension. Not all roof tents can take an annexe extension but tuff treks can.

Thanks guys but unfortunatly tuff trek cant supply untill the end of the summer . So by default i have had to go with direct 4x4 . They were very helpfull on the phone and they do one with an extended anex and ladder specificly for defenders . They have also supplied a heavy duty roof rack . Unfortunatly the tents are made of the lighter sail fabrics but this should be ok as i dont intend using it in the colder months . And to be fair the price was very very good . He said if i wasnt completly satisfied when it came he would get it collected and refund all my money including the postage . You cant say fairer than that

Mark

An update on progres . There was a problem with delivery at direct 4X4s end . The Currier left it behind . So they refunded all the postage cost and sent it out for Saturday am delivery for free . It came Saturday morning at 9am and I am very happy with it . The proof will be in the pudding as they say but the quality seems very good

• 1 year later...
On 23/05/2016 at 10:13 AM, marktdi said:

An update on progres . There was a problem with delivery at direct 4X4s end . The Currier left it behind . So they refunded all the postage cost and sent it out for Saturday am delivery for free . It came Saturday morning at 9am and I am very happy with it . The proof will be in the pudding as they say but the quality seems very good

How have you got on with the tent from direct 4x4?

we have just bought the 4 man tent, looks and feels good. Terrible manual, left to do a lot of guess work!

• 3 years later...