Are you sitting Comfortably?

Those XS seats are the same as all other 90/110 seats. but will have a different part number due to the different material.

Yup, they are the same as the seats in my XS which are the same shape as the ones in my station wagon ...which were the same shape as the ones in the station wagon I had before ....and the ambulance I sold recently.

Yup, they are the same as the seats in my XS which are the same shape as the ones in my station wagon ...which were the same shape as the ones in the station wagon I had before ....and the ambulance I sold recently.

In that case, I can only assume that the seats I have in my 90, and the ones in my old 90, and the ones in the 110 at work, and the 90 at work, and the 130 at work are all so worn that they do not in fact have the same shape as the ones I pictured above. The 110 in the photos may be with us at the Mike Wolf this year, anyone is welcome to have a sit in and confirm that I am in fact a complete idiot who cannot tell that two seats are the same :lol:

Lewis :)

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Loosely related to your seats subjetc;

I've just bought 2 (either side) Wolf Spec tubular frame 2-seater seats for the load area of my 90.

Problem is, none of the frame mountings seem to correspond with the holes in my tub and the mounting brackets on my old flat frame seats are narrower and different.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Drill new holes in the tub ?

Mo

Sorry, didn't make myself very clear.

Drilling more holes in the wheelarch bit of the tub isn't a problem and i've even made some nice 2" ally spreader washers ready.

The problem is fixing the top mounting on the backrest to the side of the tub under the window.

I'll take a couple of pics when i get back from shopping and post it so you can see what i mean.

I also posted on the military forum and Russ (luckily a pongo) is going to have a squiz at the Wolf at his 'work'.

we have a bed conversion that goes from front to back

More info please, I wanted to get a 110 so I could sleep in the back but couldn't afford/justify it so bought a 90 and a caranex tent. Would be intrigued to see your bed conversion. Does it still allow people to sit in the back? Do you lose a lot of load space?

I have just replaced the foam in my front seats (foam from Exmoor Trim), but have kept the seat covers as (a) they are in pretty good nick and in my early (1983) 110 they are different from later Defender covers in having a separate hard back.

Pretty easy to do & took the opportunity to give the covers a good clean while they were off. The top of the foam backs needed a bit of trimming to fit properly where they are a different shape ro the old ones.

The difference in comfort is really noticeable; far more support. Only thing is that I now sit about 1/2" higher and almost 1" further forward (ther result of the back being thicker), which makes a difference when you are 6'4" ! Overall, however, well worth doing & proves that old seat covers in reasonable nick don't have to be replaced with the foams.

How long did it take and how difficult was it to do the re-foam / re-install of your covers for each seat?

TIA

Jon

The 2 seat bases took an afternoon (2nd one was faster, as I'd learned on the first !) and were pretty straightforward. Old covers went back on fine. Used Exmoor-supplied spray impact adhessive, which worked well.

The seat backs were a b****r ! Each took an afternoon (again, 2nd a bit faster than 1st). The new foams were not quite the same as the old ones & needed trimming around the top; the paper 'string' bead in both covers was rotten & had to be replaced with new string (with a safety pin, like replacing elastic in clothing); the hard plastic back shells were fragile as h**l and cracked in places, so had to repair/reinforce with black nasty (Army version of Gaffer Tape); etc, etc.

But all worth it in the end that 50 mile bad back moment on longer journeys is now more like 100 miles ! :D

PM if you want more detail.