Top Gear

Bowie69

My thought was don't forget your toothbrush crossed with top gear, very similar.

Watched extra gear too, Chris Harris is about a thousand times better than Evans, who just comes across as a gameshow host, which of course, he is.

Well its fair to say its lost its sparkle.... The 'TG challenge' thing with the Reliants was a complete turd of a feature, like a cheap chinese die cast toy - its got the main points but missing the little bits.

They've taken the same and made it worse. I don't normally mind Evans but he's gone all ITV and shouty on this.

Watched extra gear a bit later and that was FAR better. Wish they'd have gone into a bit more detail on their new rallycross car... It looks like a modifed JCW hatch like mine.... but the seats are different and still have the JCW logo on them!

I think the BBC have tried too much to keep the old TG, but they have misunderstood how much that relied on the rapport between the tro.

And as an amateur sound and lighting tech... the sound just sounded wrong in the studio, even ignoring Chris' shouty style.

Seemed to me like a bad tribute band trying do in the style of C, H, & M. I won't be watching any more. Will wait the the real one comes back on Amazon.

It was a pretty dire programme before the Clarkson era, and for those like me who appreciated the sillyness, humour and camaraderie of the trio, it was a must see programme.

I liked the old (2002-on) version, yes some of the stunts were a bit predictable in the latter series but the banter between the three presenters was great fun. Plus it was always beautifully shot and as an exercise in film-making always interesting to watch.

This just seemed like a sub-par imitation of the old show. Evans is very annoying on the telly (though I don't mind him on the radio), he hosts it like it's a gameshow. To be fair Leblanc was quite good in the Nomad segment, but overall a poor effort from the BBC I thought.

Still not paying for Amazon though! Will have to find another way to watch The Grand Tour.

It was really struggling before JC smacked the Luvvie type , makes me wonder if that was a non PC way out for him . In view of that i had not got particularly high expectations as I thought all it had to do was not be as bad , unfortunately sadly disappointed :(

Though have to admit didnt watch the follow on which seems to have been not so slated . The Beeb should have had some cojones and picked Sabine to replace JC not CE who should have stuck to radio , having a fat wallet, to afford fast cars doesnt make you knowledgeable , his reviews in the MoS mag make that glaringly obvious . Will give em another chance next Sun , after that

if its as bad , times too precious a commodity to waste.

...I'd agree , a right botch job - it could be in the ebay bucket thread ...and I have to say it's mostly Mr E . You have to wonder what it could be like with say Steve Coogan and Brian Johnstone with Matt and Sabine , with an occasional Rowan Atkinson thrown in .

I liked the Ariel bit , some good engineering in that little 'skate

cheers

Steveb

I switched on as they were making their way to Blackpool and switched off after the feature with the Land Rover and the Wills Jeep. Le Blanc was so flat and so American that he did not make the feature with the Atom interesting. I said to my boys that if the format was the same then it would not work. I think the BBC should shelve it it has lost it's mojo.

It was always going to be a no-win situation to the BBC. If they kept the format it would look like the cover band, if they changed it people would say "it's not Top Gear!".

I thought it looked unnatural (staged) in the studio, poorly scripted and executed by Chris Evans. Le Blanc doesn't seem like a seasoned presenter either. I'll give it a couple more episodes, but will probably abandon ship.

Watch 30 secs and turned off, to be honnest with JC et all I got fed up with there childish pranks that completely ****ed up the other road users.

Taking stupidly large tractors and Hummers into tiny vilages to **** them up was idiotic and not at all funny.

Running old super cars was OK untill they carried driving when they knew they would blow up and drop oil all over a major road used by bikes.

Did like the cheap limo at the awards but only cos one film luvvie was tottaly Mildly miffed off that they made look a thwack in front of every one, clearly hadn't told him the car would he ****!

Some of ther cars were clearly illegal.

Did I enjoy the show, once but it got annoying and 12 year old humour.

Phew, rant over.

Mayhap I look at things differently to some. Overall the response throughout the galaxy has been good.

I used to enjoy TG, then it got stupid. Three guys who loved themselves, wanting worship of the masses for doing stupid things. The Southern States Challenge and the Bolivia Challenge to name but a few. Mindless drivel. Complete lack of technical content. Even poor hooning skills.

What have we got now? Similar formula but lacking three self loving cockwombles. More tech, humour, an American who can talk sense! I though Matt Le Blanc was a brainless actor - I was wrong, he can drive and he can do irony. I'd buy him a drink. Evans is beyond the old TFI image. He's grown up. Professionally he's a perfectionist ( ask my wife, she used to be his prompt), he does a good show... It was slick for a first and is unlikely not to get smoother and slicker... I'm giving it a chance. Added to which I never was one to follow the sheep....

Overall the response throughout the galaxy has been good.

Nurse! He’s out of bed again. :P

I too will give it a chance, but Evans was just…awful. Shouting. Running around? Generally reminded me of a young overstimulated child. And worst of all, he can’t do a piece to camera and drive? He can barely do voice-overs fuxache.

I guess I just never ‘got’ him. Seems to be a Children’s presenter, that for some reason is making grown-up (ok, grown-up-ish) television.

Le Blanc far more of a professional than he is, and was a pleasant surprise.

The right-wing-conspiracy theorist in me says this all part of a deliberate attempt by the beeb’s Islington-set management to kill off the Top Gear franchise…after all, being interested in cars?? How vulgar. It’s not cooking or gardening, we can’t possibly have that. And as for the fact the franchise made them a metric sh**-tonne of money? Just the height of vulgarity.