Top Gear

Bowie69

Just watched latest one...

CE trying to describe the Zenos was painful, as was his bits about the Rolls in the studio....

Matt was very good, and CH was excellent in the M2.

All segments rather light on content (or detail, sorry, in my nature), wish they would actually talk about the cars more(!)

Guests were a waste of time, again.

It is light on content - but it's TG. The closest to technical detail the old one got was how many 'torques' the car had (which used to really grate on me) - at least this one CM gave a description of what it is.

I liked MLB - he can vary the pace of his speech ... CE doesn't seem to be able to and it make him rather hard to listen to.

I hadn't seen the rumour MLB has said CE needs to go ?

CE also had his usual outfit on too..... Why the same every week?!

Matt is growing on me and I really enjoyed Chris' bit on the M2. I think a lot of the passion and car descriptions are what I miss from the old TG and it seems to be slowly creeping back. That however is where CE failed again (although nowhere near as bad), his bit on the lightweight I can't remember the name of just seemed to lack any passion.

The 'Zeeeeeeenos' ;) Yes, seemed like he hardly knew what he was on about -and actually, it wasn't that fast as far as 'lightweights' go, something he failed to mention.

Suspension looked too soft, exhaust note was... dreary, and not even a mention of it being FWD/RWD/4WD, if using Focus parts then......? That's the sort of detail I miss :) I know old TG wasn't perfect, but there was almost always more substance.

Anyone see Sunday's finale? It was good. Three solid car features (from LeBlanc, Reid and Evans respectively) and to be fair to Evans he managed to dial it back to being a guy enjoying a car in his feature on a MGB remake with 300bhp. I'm no fan of his but credit where credit is due.

Anyone see Sunday's finale? It was good. Three solid car features (from LeBlanc, Reid and Evans respectively) and to be fair to Evans he managed to dial it back to being a guy enjoying a car in his feature on a MGB remake with 300bhp. I'm no fan of his but credit where credit is due.

I'd echo that! Really enjoyed the last episode :D

I think it's a fair choice to go. I thought it was close enough but for me just a touch more miss than hit. Drop the rally car, less shouting and no silly jump offs proper all the presenters and stig doing a fast lap of the track in the old reasonably priced car.