Jump to content

Tool for inserting glass rubbers...

Guest deleted

Recommended Posts

Guest diesel_jim

I'm after the tool for fitting the rubber inserts into the sealing rubbers for the 3/4 glass on the back of truck cabs (and also for doing one of the alpine windows).

anyone know where i can buy/borrow one from? i went to my local stealers, and they "don't have one anymore".... :rolleyes: but suggested the local autoparts place, which didn't do them.

worst case i can make one, but unfolding a fiver is easier then cutting and filing steel! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i don't think you'll find one dirt cheap unless you happened across one at one of the classic car shows.

Frosts list one: Frost restorers

i reckon it'll be one of those tools you could have picked up for a couple of quid ten years ago, but now no one wants them then they have gone up to silly prices. You can cheat with a coat hanger and screwdriver!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy