Stripped bulkhead bolt

I've stripped one of the bulkhead to outrigger bolts refitting some running bars.

When i remove the stripped one, do i need to support the bulkhead? I.e. will it drop as the bolt is removed?

New bolts are M12x180 - is that correct?

I found mine to be very tight when taking the slider off to change a fuel tank the other day. If I had to take it completely out I think I would get another bolt to tap it through from the other side so that it always has a bolt in it, and then tap through the new one you want to use from the correct side again.

Yours may not be as bad as mine!

All done. No movement. Old one span out with the imact gun and the new one in. I supported it with the bottle jack, but i dont think it would have moved in this case.

Mo, i'll buy that other bolt off of you when i see you next ready for my bulkhead change now the replacement has been galvanised. Probably be next spring now though as i want to use the 110 over this summer!

No you won't Rich, it's my spare ?

I went through a spate of broken bolts when I bought them from various fastening suppliers, so I bought 2 genuine bolts, one to replace and one spare. I haven't broken the genuine one yet in 2 years so I guess they must be special !

Mo