Tim2809

Bearmach led lights

Has anyone experiance of the bearmach led lights that look like standard series light units

• Like 1

Not seen them, but if they're re-boxed Wipac unit's I've been using them for a while now.

How do you rate them light quality and beam pattern wise ?

cheers

Steveb

I fitted the RDX ones, Importantly to me you cant tell they are different until they are on. When on, the light pattern is good and certainly more noticeable than the OEM bulb type. They are red not pink like lots of LED replacement units. They look to be well sealed and as such 'should' be longer lasting.

I assume we're talking the side lights, tail lights, indicators, not headlights?

I assume we're talking the side lights, tail lights, indicators, not headlights?

good point - I'm referring to tail lights only.

Yes its the 73mm lights. Ive got clear headlights with relays and osram night breakers

Have ordered a ser and arriving tomorrow so will try one and if bad they can have them back. Spoke to supplier who is happy to do this for me

Just in case you have thought about doing the indicators as well, the flasher unit would need swapping as well.

To be fair my only remedial work for this years MOT was to swap a blown tail light bulb, it went on the way to the test centre.. was ok at 07:00 and was duff three miles and 30 minutes later while I was sat in the ATS car park.

so my swap to LED's should mean a dramatic improvement in reliability and reduced service cost :-)

the adjustable relays do work and make the lights flash etc.. but just beware that if a lamp unit fails the flash rate will be the same and you wont know from the drivers seat.

You need to be more vigilant with your routine bulb checks ;-)

I have the full Wipac LED light set on my serie 2a.

I like them, but the one thing that bugs me is that there is no light emitted to the side but only straight ahead.

A filament bulb emits light in all directions. LED does not so side visibility is reduced.

Eric

They sent a standard led relay. Wired it in they all wirk as they should but the relay clicks as if indicator is on even when in midfle position. Also does it if i disconnect the wire off it that goes to the stalk. Im thinking i have a duff relay as its wired as per the wiring diagram with it

When we first fitted our kit everything worked ok then after about a week the relay started to give us problems so we replaced the relay for the same type of relay and it's been fine for the past 6 months