Newbie MS install

skauldy

Don't spend 4k on a new one, you want a cheap old one you won't mind throwing in the truck! Ideally with a 9-pin serial port on the back.

TBH you may as well use your phone or a cheap tablet for sat-nav, easier to mount on the dashboard.

ah sorry fridge the one in the pic is mine. Bought it for 100 pounds in a refurb place. Couldnt believe seeing it on radionics for 4k, blimey.

Thats true but would look cool lol. 

made a start last night and printed out my cable sleeves, might have a spare set going for someone as long as not drastically goes wrong

• 7 months later...

finally got out to the garage the last few nights after a long absence from the defender. house took over and as usual went over board. Finally finished and back to the defender. So, all cables pulled and in place, injector loom made and now onto the rest of the plugs

Thanks quagmire. Have some sexy duetsch plugs for other areas and amphenol mil connectors.  Hopefully enthusiasm keeps up 😂😂. 

Just read today landyfest in Ireland has been cancelled  literally 10mins down the road from me 😣😣

On 2/26/2018 at 3:02 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

Now you're just showing off, that's proper neat!

Thanks FF. This was the part I was looking forward to 😁

On 2/26/2018 at 11:00 PM, jonost24 said:

Will you be using the MS relay board, or doing your own thing?

Hi Jono. I got the MS  relay board and the crimp connector for the plug rather the the solder pins 

Edited by skauldy

Nearly gave all up of finding this cable, black with orange tracer, tried all the usual, AES, 12 volt plant. Finally found it in vehicle wiring products. Man alive they have some selection. It' for the inhibitor switch on the auto box.

20180306_072858.jpg