Help with tire size

randall

Hello.

I have a question that I suspect is not very difficult for a tire expert..

I have two Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires on my Defender. They are marked exactly as follows: 7.50R 16 LT 8P.R. 112/107N 694 M + S Tubeless

I am trying to find two more tyres online and I am only returning results that specify these measurements:

BRIDGESTONE DUELER AT694 750R16 112 N
BRIDGESTONE DUELER A/T 694 750/80 R16 112 N
Bridgestone Dueler A/T 694 7.5R16 112/107N

**The "LT" does not appear within any of the listings I have found online**

Anyone know if these tyre descriptions are essentially the same tyre? I think so but want to be sure before I order. I live in France and I cannot get these tyres at a dealer hence my online search. Further, the Bridgestone website does not help.

Many thanks.

Yes,it is most unlikely that they would make a differently specced tyre in the same size and pattern (it does happen, the old Avon Rangemasters were available in two different ply ratings in the same size). I would be very surprised if the company makes both an LT and a non LT tyre in the same size and pattern these days. I therefore think you will get the right product with any of those and the fact that the LT is not on the website is just suppliers being lazy! Ask them if it is an LT tyre if you want to be sure.

/80 section is the "standard" so the height of any 7.50R16 is (or should be) 80% of its width. Interpretation of 80% between brands seems quite variable (stick a Michelin XS sand tyre against virtually any other 7.50 to see what I mean).

Yes,it is most unlikely that they would make a differently specced tyre in the same size and pattern (it does happen, the old Avon Rangemasters were available in two different ply ratings in the same size). I would be very surprised if the company makes both an LT and a non LT tyre in the same size and pattern these days. I therefore think you will get the right product with any of those and the fact that the LT is not on the website is just suppliers being lazy! Ask them if it is an LT tyre if you want to be sure.

/80 section is the "standard" so the height of any 7.50R16 is (or should be) 80% of its width. Interpretation of 80% between brands seems quite variable (stick a Michelin XS sand tyre against virtually any other 7.50 to see what I mean).

Many thanks, your answer is exactly what I was looking for. It was just odd that all the listings selling the tyres online omitted the "LT" which I new meant "light truck".....

I could not imagine Bridgestone would make an "LT" and non "LT" version... you have confirmed my thoughts. Thanks again!