1992 RRC ABS light on 100% of time even whey trying blink test

Swank1975

Hey,

I've been searching all over for this one. I have a 92 RRC that I just picked up and we're going through it fixing a ton of carp. The ABS light is on as soon as the ignition is turned on and it stays on 100% of the time.

I've tried the blink test which involves removing the blue relay under the driver's seat, putting a paperclip between the black and black/pink wire and turning the ignition on. I've also tried this once the ignition is on. I've done full battery power resets, checked the ABS fuses etc.

My system pumps up to pressure and holds. I'm pretty sure all of my abs sensors are seated for air gap.

Has anyone seen this before? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Whenever I have done the blink test I have never had to remove the relay. Just jump the wires.

When you say the ABS light stays on, do you mean even when you drive the car?....it doesn't go out until you go over about 5mph.

I have tried this test with and without the relay in place. I've tried this test with the paper clip in place before turning the key on and after turning the key on. I've tried this test about 15 times thinking of any variables I could be mixing up. No luck.

From the time my ignition is turned to on the ABS light is on 100% of the time it never goes out when sitting or driving until I turn the engine off.

OK.

You do need to get the codes read.

I assume that you are putting the piece of wire across the black and black and pink wires on the blue diagnostic plug which is usually at the front of the underneath of the passenger seat. (RHD car). And not jumping the wires on the relay.

If this is what you are doing, I would check the wiring to the diagnostic plug.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...