Crank pulley on solid help

We've now got a 10T hydraulic puller..... It's massive !! It didn't take them off (all together) it made funny creaking noises like a ship listing......

If all else fails, there's only two options..... Ejparrott can post me that majestical puller he's borrowed,it will be returned first class.

Or he angry grinder, I take it the oxy/acet. Is for cutting the blooming thing? That's something I won't be able to grab a hold of ha !

The best thing to do is cut the pully off carefully so it can be used to make a F off heavy duty puller for when you have to do it again. This will 100% garuntee you never get another stuck pully until the week after you dispose of said tool.

Can you fabricate a disc ish bit of plate with 4 holes in and big hole your hydraulic puller will go in? Wind it as tight as you can by hand and give the pully some sharp taps with a good hammer.

• Like 1

Ok, no time today so Saturday we'll have more time from the afternoon onwards.....

Question.. With the chip in the front pulley, will it damage the belts when they "eventually" go back on?

Ok, no time today so Saturday we'll have more time from the afternoon onwards.....

Question.. With the chip in the front pulley, will it damage the belts when they "eventually" go back on?

I chipped mine a while back and replaced it worrying about the same thing.

• Like 1

I ran a car with a chipped pulley for many thousands of miles and it didn't cause one issue, or even an excessively worn belt.

You may even find that the belt sits into the groove so much that the chip will never be contacted.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry either, if you do have a concern just grind back any potential sharp edge to make it smooth.

I've cancelled my game of golf on Saturday, this is much more interesting. hoping to see a live blog as it happens. pictures of each step and the bruised knuckles.

• Like 1

Coming to you LIVE from Renfrewshire Scotland....

Arrived 10 mins ago, puller still grasping the pulleys. Fresh spray of plus gas..... Puller taken off, rubber hammer taping it back in, pullers back on, oh boy, it's moving !!

Repeat repeat repeat..... Let's see if we can get they pulleys off !!

Feeling better for sure !

Right wee cuppa then more on the damper..... This is the real challenge. Mates got a better bolt puller set. Still working so will get that on it when he arrives. (Only arrived today)

I've heated the damper up with blow torch and puller on. Then cooled with water as suggested. Repeated that a few times. I've put plus gas back on the now with puller.....

With awkward pulls like this,one option is to get hold of a huge nut and bolt to act as the puller...weld the nut to the pulley centre and screw the bolt through to the shaft.Plenty of soaking with plus gas,as much heat as possible and quickly to the pulley so as not to heat the shaft and use an impact wrench gun on the bolt to give a shock effect and now an again whack the end of the bolt with a large hammer to give more shock...lost count of the number of pulleys I've taken off as an electric motor repairer.....oh,and try to protect the end of the shaft by putting a small dolly in there for the the puller bolt to screw on to.

Put the champagne back in the fridge, it's still not fecking budging...... I do not know what the hell is keeping this thing on that shaft....

Photon torpedos at the ready captain......