300tdi - LT77 queries

Ok so today I found my earth problem and got the 300tdi fired up but unfortunately I can't move it as I can't get the clutch to bleed. After a post last week I took the advice and bought new slave and master cylinder but still it won't bleed. I know the pipes clear as iv run fluid down it. Is there anything else I could be missing?

Also I fitted a 300tdi accelerator cable but even on full adjustment it runs at a high idle. Can I use the original 2.5na cable or is there another cable I can use?

Hi

I just used the na cable on the same mods 300 tdi to LT77 using na flywheel housing modified

On the clutch I used the na 2.5 along with the slave and master and don't recall any problems (for a change)

Are you sure the slave rod is seated on the clutch fork, do have any pressure on the pedal?

I found that there wasn't enough length/movement on my 300tdi throttle cable, so I carefully cut off a bit more of the square thread part of the outer sheath, this gave me just enough range of movement to get full throttle and still have a little slack in the cable with the FIP throttle arm on the idle stop

Absolutley no pressure at all in the pedal other than that of the spring. Will pull out the slave and check the rod.

I have the 300 cable adjusted as far as it goes and it still idles hard. Will just reinstall the old na cable and see how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...