Master Cylinder Advice - Upgrade.

Burbling

I am upgrading my 1958 Series 1 to a dual line brake setup, and would appreciate any guidance on the master cylinder to use please.

I have 11" drums from a 109 fitted, twin pistons on the front shoes, and have an early Defender brake pedal box with a type 50 servo to fit under the Series 1 bonnet.

My research so far has ruled out using the shuttle valve, preferring instead a low fluid sensor on the reservoir and a master cylinder suitable for the 11" drums and the type 50 servo.

Hopefully there's a standard build similar to this that I can use the master cylinder from.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

• Like 1

Hi an welcome to te forum,

If it is a 1958 then it is either a 88 or 109? Either way it is the same dimensions as an 86 under the hood, I tried to fit a Defender servo m/c but I cannot get it under the bonnet! This might be as I have 90 footwells in mine?

I have seen one in Classic Land Rover that claimed to have one but can't remember seing photo's so it may be possibleif you cut the wing about?

The obvious build is to use Series 3 parts not Defender? Wasn't the late S3 system dual line?

Marc.