Self Cancelling Indicator Stalk.

garrycol

I have seen a couple of Series 2s that have a self cancelling indicator stalk - there is a slot in the outer casing of the steering column and the indicator has a wheel that is turned by the actual steering shaft through the slot to cancel the indicators.

Does anyone know where I can get this type of self cancelling indicator stalk?

Thanks

Garry

These switches are called 'Tex Magna' units.

Searching Google dot Co dot UK using the terms 'tex magna indicator switch' will produce a lot of hits, at various prices.

It is common for the rubber wheel that contacts the steering column to perish, leading to 'cancellation' of the self-cancelling feature :-)

This perishing might be more prevalent in Australia than the UK (due to higher levels of sunlight), so note the replacement wheel returns your search will bring.

Now you have a product name a search local to you may produce suitable results. If you haven't found it yet, the AULRO forum may provide interesting results.

I believe there are two versions of these switches, 4 wire and 5 wire, so do the research to understand the wiring.

There is probably more detail within the UK based Series 2 Club Forum; you don't have to join the Club to gain access. The Forum does have some Australian posters. The internal Search function can be a little idosyncratric; don't be put off.

Regards.

Thanks for all that advice - googled the 'tex magna indicator switch' but mainly came up with the non cancelling type but did find a used cancelling type at an Australian supplier so I will chase that one up.

It is good to see that replacement wheels are readily available.

Thanks for the responses.

Cheers