Body panel corrosion

Yes easy to sortout, remove the panel, remove the corrosion, treat with etch prime, then the white primer & the gloss white paint, new panels only come in black post production black primer, if you want a new panel look for MRC6436 item 18 in http://www.allbrit.de/UNI.cfm?PAGE=765984&SPRACHE=EN click on + to see part numbers

Thanks! Will see how it goes.

• Like 1

You might want to check the door frames whist you are at it, galvanic corrosion has already started it's nasty work.

Hey there, thanks for the suggestion. Any specific spots or just the whole frame?

I'm worried about the bulkhead as there is a bit on the inside of the dash.

I saw a blister on the back door in the photo. There's oodles of advice here, but basically the steel electronically rots the ALU. Working oil/wax into the seam slows it down, but only taking it apart and putting a physical barrier onto the frame stops it. And if you are doing that you might as well get the frame hot zinc sprayed.

As for the bulkhead, examine it all, starting from the out riggers and work up. Apply a good rust treatment to any rust, repeat every spring and autumn. Wax oil or dinitrol are two options, as are zinc rich paints. I've used zg 90 silver, it's okay for a year, your mileage may vary!

I saw a blister on the back door in the photo. There's oodles of advice here, but basically the steel electronically rots the ALU. Working oil/wax into the seam slows it down, but only taking it apart and putting a physical barrier onto the frame stops it. And if you are doing that you might as well get the frame hot zinc sprayed.

As for the bulkhead, examine it all, starting from the out riggers and work up. Apply a good rust treatment to any rust, repeat every spring and autumn. Wax oil or dinitrol are two options, as are zinc rich paints. I've used zg 90 silver, it's okay for a year, your mileage may vary!

Thank you very much, only owned defenders in drier climates where this was not an issue ha.