Can some one explain

The Haynes manual states before removing STUB AXLE make "Alignment Marks" between the Stub axle and the axle, then remove stub axle?......... So what if I am putting A NEW stub axle on how DO I LINE that up???......

can some one please explain make simple ie IDIOT proof for me???

Yes doesn't matter with a new part.

The reason you do it with a old one is any surface corrosion will match back up when you put it back on again. I don't personally but then I always clean the components and emery them if needs be.

I never worry about putting stuff like that back in a certain orientation, but I do always make sure the mating faces are good. Unless you've got damage then I wouldn't worry. If its been assembled correctly you should have any issues with the mating faces, just make sure to clean off any old gasket material that might be stuck on.

Front ones only go on a certain way so that statement is irrelevant, but rear's have a standard hole pitch all the way around, and as previously stated, its not a bad idea if you're retaining the same part to put it back on in the same orientation due to a plethora of different reasons.

Talking bull twaddle with my head up me bum... just ignore me... its going to be a long week... :blink:

• Like 1

Front ones only go on a certain way so that statement is irrelevant, but rear's have a standard hole pitch all the way around, and as previously stated, its not a bad idea if you're retaining the same part to put it back on in the same orientation due to a plethora of different reasons.

Front stub axles go on any way? You're thinking of the Swivel balls I think chris....unless I've missed something different about the Stubs.