Not really a HFH would as such - but has the "Touch de la Muppette

Hybrid_From_Hell

Ah....ooops.

I have been having this odd localised and rather painfull rash on front of chest / shoulder area.

Been getting worse.

This morning it really stung...

1st thing I did was touch it and go yeaaaah jesus....

SWMBO has been jolloping creams on - none done much if anything ....

....decided I need maybe to think about having it looked at .... :stretcher-smiley-emoticon:

Erm :blush:

Then the penny dropped.....

Mmmmm TIG rash ..

My TIG instructor always said to keep MIG and TIG equipment separate....

didn't mention T shirts as I recall l....the one I used for some seious upside down Migging has a few "Holes"

post-22-0-69103600-1471706862_thumb.jpg post-22-0-31603400-1471706863_thumb.jpg

"Doh"

farewell old friend :unsure:

post-22-0-77524600-1471707993_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for suffering as a reminder on behalf of us all. :P I just read about someone going deaf in one ear after some spatter got in while welding in an awkward position. So I looked it up and then started reading about health problems from the fumes. Ye gods. I had a great-uncle who was a welder and who died from some sort of a motor neurone disease so I had a vague idea about it. I use a lot of flux core and now I'm going to be far more careful these days.

Having spent the past few months rebuilding ("needs a bit of welding for the MOT"........) a Merc 814 Minibus, I've got the worlds best Mig tan/rash.

Can someone please explain to me just how, when wearing a full face mask, welding spatter gets in ones ears? I now think the bloody stuff can defy gravity.

It flies upwards, bounces off things, it can be quite entertaining. Sometimes you think you know what you're doing and then suddenly a little blob shoots into your helmet and bobbles around in front of your face. I've had too many close calls and I'll try and be a good boy from now on.

It flies upwards, bounces off things, it can be quite entertaining. Sometimes you think you know what you're doing and then suddenly a little blob shoots into your helmet and bobbles around in front of your face. I've had too many close calls and I'll try and be a good boy from now on.

Still got a rather large piece of (formerly) molten steel that fused itself to my sternum (having gone through numerous layers of clothing) when welding up the floor of the Disco..... Children were well impressed with the fluent Anglo Saxon that came out....