Advice on fitting Mazda RX8 seats.

Lionhound

Yes, i've owned 3. Your point is? One should do something dangerous just because its a Defender?

If you mean that the belt mounts are direct to correct points, then thats one step better (if he hasn't used the seat mounts for the belts). But I would not want be sitting on 50kg of unrestrained mass in an accident.

Defender seats mounts separately from the seat belts. If you don't know anything about the subject, then why comment? If you own one, go outside and take 5 seconds to look at how they are built...

• Like 1

Defender seats mounts separately from the seat belts. If you don't know anything about the subject, then why comment? If you own one, go outside and take 5 seconds to look at how they are built...

You clearly didnt read or understand what i said. But I give up.

All Mounting Points should be into the Triple Layer Sections of the Body as per OEM, Rivnuts are also used OEM,

Seat Belt mount is as Per OEM.

Note: I have mounted my seats how I feel comfortable mounting them, you should mount yours how you feel comfortable, In Non of my Posts of this forum do I ever Recommend Copying anything I do even if I am following the OEM manual for simple jobs,

Please Work on your Landrover using your own Brain and Experience and only look at my posts in a way that awakens your imagination, If you are that concerned then I can remove the post and not bother trying to help people in the future

Tom

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, Guys,

I'm sorry, but I'm getting very fed-up with negative comments about and directed to other forum members.Ā  We all have varying levels of LR experience, knowledge and aspirations. Please, can we keep our input to non-personal comments, implied or specific,and address the issue at hand.Ā Ā  This applies not only to this thread but also to many others.

Moderators, if you want to move or delete this comment, please go ahead.

Mike

Ā 

• Like 2

No fine with me Ā  ..I'm delighted with some of the tech info on these satsuma as I have a pair....God knows where on the ti do list ....

Ā 

Must admit I did gulp at the thought of rivnuts for seat fixings if it says my life I woukd the note znd consider something a Ickle bit stronger ...

Ā 

Keep it all polite chaos Ā ...

I was surprised when I bought a TD5 (I think) seat-box to see rivnuts for the seats - but the way it (appears) to work is that the rivnuts just hold the seat down, in a crash the seat is doing nothing (as it's underneath/behind you) it's the seat BELT that holds you, and those are on separate, sturdier mountings. If the seat did break free in a crash it's just an extra bit of load for the seatbelt to hold back, and I'm fairly sure seatbelts have a serious safety-factor built in.

Also, the genuine LR seat rivnuts are serious industrial fasteners which are properly machine-set into the double-skin part of the seat-box, you'd struggle to get anywhere near the same result at home with a hand rivnut tool (even if you found the same quality of rivnut) - so it's probably a better option (in terms of being fool-proof) to use nuts & bolts & spreader washers.

If your seat-box already has factory rivnuts I'd have absolutely no problem using them.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I just fitted them in a vauxhall Tigra A . The electrics are thick GRAY and YELLOW with RED Stripe to POSITIVE + ,,,,, THICK PURPLE and WHITE with YELLOW Stripe to NEGATIVE - ,,for seat LUMBER support, raise n lower the Back ,tilt the base and move the seat back and fire,,,,,,,,,, ThE SOLID BLUE wire for the the ohhh I've never had heated seats before lol goes to POSITIVE +,,,,,but when you connect the heated seat solid blue wire make sure you put an on/off switch in the wire or they stay on permanent I know this post is a couple of years old but I've not seen any other posts ,I had it from you tube the link there follows,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, šŸ™‚ Happy MotoringĀ  šŸ˜‰

Ā 

Edited by Psn