200tdi bad earth connection??

So I think a bad earth connection might be my issue but thought I would ask the well of knowledge to be sure. Had my Defender 200tdi in for a thorough chassis and engine wash. They got it off the rack and parked it to dry but now it wont start. All the lights work, horn, wipers but I get no lights on the dash and it wont turn over. Not even a cough. Connected cables from the battery to the engine block/chassis but nothing either. Wiggling the earth wire to the starter doesn't help either. Is it possible with a high pressure wash it knocked the earth off the starter or removed enough corrosion that was keeping it grounded? I haven't checked yet to see if it has additional earth connections and from what Ive been reading is an ideal plan if doesnt. Will additional earth connections override a loose or corroded one or am I looking specifically to fix the earth to starter connection if that is indeed the issue? Or could it all of sudden be a dead starter? Thanks.

Unfortunately wasn't able to to much other than what I did above plus check some fuses. The shop just does cleanings and they were closing but stored the vehicle in their garage until I can get a look tomorrow or towed. Would an ignition switch all of a sudden carp out? I've never had issues with it starting.

Yes, ignition switches do carp out suddenly and commonly. Lucas switches do not normally make it 25 years..... There are no fuses in the circuit. You need to start checking for power at the switch and follow the schematic through.

Your description sounds like nothing that turns on with the ignition is turning on, so that is why I would suggest looking there first.

Spot on diagnosis Old Hand. The white part connection had popped out causing the issue. Looks as though the clips holding it in where not bent so popped it back in and bent the clips so it holds. Though I would assume that I should probably change it out for a new one?