Urgent Stub Axle query

Mutley

I have x2 rear stub axles FTC3188 both new......x1 Land Rover and x1 FTC3188G Bearmach OEM

Now the query....The front ie the long shaft with thread looks the same on both and same number of bolt holes!.....

The back how ever is slightly different (cant upload photos)? plus the Bearmach comes with a seal FTC3145 fitted, but the seal seems to have a metal rim like a washer on top yet the x2 new seals (Coteco) I ordered (not expecting the stub axels to come with them fitted) don't and none of the exploded diagrams show this???

so does the back being slightly different make it a problem fitting them?.....Also help with the metal washer type seal thing

Stub axles should be the same from side to side. What are the slight differences between the two rear stub axles, other than one having a seal pre-fitted?

As for those seals, I'd recommend fitting the stubs with the seals removed - it keeps the wheel bearings and half shaft/drive flange splines lubricated. Just use a smear of RTV sealant on the plastic hub centre cone.

It looks, as Mav said, to have a difference in the seal housing and nose. It also looks like there may be a very small difference in exterior length, though it could be the protective mesh making the gen part stand taller or a photographic effect.

Like I said, those seals do far more harm than good, so I'd whip it out and use them both without any concerns about the differences - the interior nose doesn't impinge on anything.