Leccy fan AGAIN LOL

mmgemini

I had a single with a 200tdi but have swapped to a double fan for the v8 as it probably moves more air and actually seems to be shallower in the engine bay.

My Ebay Ebay link didn't work but they are mark 3 mondeos. Just cut the legs off and they fit well.

• 2 months later...

I am looking at using a Mondeo fan too, only can’t figure out which one to use. there seems quite a lot of difference. Is this the correct one? Its off a 2005 Mondeo 2.0 diesel with aircon. Only I have to find one with the electrical connectors still on it.

Its going on a 1983 RRC V8

0.jpg

That looks like it!

As for electrical connectors, just use normal spades, they push in fine.

Looks like that one is missing the cable management, however should be easily sorted with some cable ties :)

How are you going to attach them? Because that's the biggest problem I had. I'm still not sure that my latest effort will last a long time on corrugations but I'll just have to see. 

With trimming (careful trimming) mine clips into the radiator frame, and then held with one screw and a flat piece of aluminium to keep the one corner that may touch the core, well away.

Needless to say it is quite easy to remove :)

Thanks for the replys!

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Have you tried measuring it?

No, I did not. The picture is off a second hand parts website for breakers in the Netherlands. This one being the only one with two fans and a picture so I know what I'm looking for. At 45 euros with shipping it not that expensive, only I would have liked the original watertight connectors with it.

After being stuck in a forest with a friend’s RRC I want the electric cooling system to be completely watertight. His hillbilly thermoswitch got mud inside, shorted and his unfused power wire melted everything… I had to redo his fan wiring on his car and did it properly that time.

So I want my own car to be bulletproof, watertight everything and properly fused.

2 hours ago, Davo said:

How are you going to attach them? Because that's the biggest problem I had. I'm still not sure that my latest effort will last a long time on corrugations but I'll just have to see. 

I dont know, fabricating some metal supports and bolt them to the plastic can’t be that difficult