wiring help

Hi all, just done the td5 clock and warning panel conversion on my 200tdi and every thing seemed fine, so taped all the cables up and rooted them through the dash and connected it all back up then started her up and it appeared that the dash was shorting out. I think I know what's causing it but wanted to run it past the more experienced people on her to check my thinking is right. The 2 socket moulded plug for the interior lights was in side the dash not covered oops, would the purple/blue wire which has an exposed bullet showing cause this to happen or should I be looking for a bad connection elsewhere ?

cheers Ian

Insulate that purple/blue {PU} wire anyway, the interior lights work by switching the Earth side so that PU wire is 12v live all the time, It's also part of the Td5 alarm ecu wiring [not needed on your vehicle] check everything else is connected or insulated.

Cheers western thought that was the culprit as I had it out of the way before I rooted the wires, forgot all about it when I stuffed the wires into the dash until the dash started sparking :o then when I started pulling the wires up out it popped. All the other connections I used shrink tube on.

cheers Ian