discovery 1 light weight radius arm recommendations

muddy4x4xfar

Hi all, looking at some suspension for my project vehicle. Im keeping it standard height, fox dampers etc.   Im Ideally trying to cut down on weight with the vehicle, is there any light weight good quality standard height radius arms out there that any one can recommend or should i stay with the land rover ones? 
It will be used for rallying and on the road.

any help or recommendations much appreciated as always

chris

I know you've posted a lot of threads on this vehicle you are building. Although never seen any pics.

And I know I've said this, as have others. But if you are planning to compete in the vehicle you NEED, yes NEED to check the regulations out for the events you want to compete in. Nearly every event in the UK is run to strict regulation and more often than not regulated by the MSA. You can't just put lightweight bits on here and there and completely custom build a vehicle willy nilly and expect it to be compliant (or indeed safe).

I wish you every luck in your project and honestly would be interested to see some photo's of progress, or even a build thread (apologies if I've missed any such things).

But if this project is real and you plan to use it in competition, be prepared to be very disappointed if you haven't checked compliance with your component selection and construction techniques for the events you plan to enter.

Fronts, quite a bit.... they are an extremely heavy lump, but the rears the weight saving is negligible, actually more likely to add weight, as aftermarket items are generally 'heavy duty'.

If you aren't lifting the vehicle, run standard arms and instead invest in decent shocks.

On 20 September 2016 at 3:22 PM, Bowie69 said:

Fronts, quite a bit.... they are an extremely heavy lump, but the rears the weight saving is negligible, actually more likely to add weight, as aftermarket items are generally 'heavy duty'.

If you aren't lifting the vehicle, run standard arms and instead invest in decent shocks.

My plan is to use the vehicle everyday, but have a big engine and best performance out of a disco i can, i know it won't be the best but its something i enjoy doing and giving a go. Iv gone a long way with this vehicle  folding mirrors upon locking, heated front and rear seats fully bespoke interior, heated front and rear screens the list is too long to tell you . Even a big american v8 engine when it get here, paddle shift you name it the discovery one has it. but my plan is to also make it light weight for when I'm using it both on road and offroad. 

At the moment photos are pointless as i only have a small garage to work in and parts are everywhere hence no photos. This was my first vehicle i ever bought when i was 15 year old, its saved my life due to a lorry crashing into the side of me and now I'm rebuilding it i want to do something different from what everyone else does.  

My biggest thing i want from it is fast road use, and fast offroad use, when it comes to competing which i won't be doing for a while due to health issue, ill change up the parts for now I'm working on lightweight on and offroad performance. 

Im sorry for the s/a guys hopefully it explains what I'm trying to do