Diagnosing my clutch problems

sheathy

A few days ago the clutch on my 1995 110 lost pressure and won't shift gears e.t.c. I have inspected and there are no obvious leaks from the system and fluid level isn't down. If you pump the pedal for 30 seconds or so you get just enough pressure to shift if pedal fully depressed. Could it be a bleed is required or something more serious? Thanks in advance. 

It could also be a broken fork.  It's a common Tdi problem down to cheap pressed steel forks that burst through on the pivot point.  It could just be in need of bleeding - the slave traps air inside unless you bleed it with the vehicle nose elevated; if you do it parked downslope, you'll never get the air out.  Hopefully it's a hydraulic issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to replace the master and slave this weekend with a certain amount of swearing and bruised knuckles. But the good news is she's back on the road and the clutch is working perfectly. Master was pretty much seized and the rubber seal blown so looks like that was my issue. Pro tip for anyone changing their slave, just drop the exhaust to gain access. I didn't and I regretted it. Thanks for your advice everyone.