Defender tub swap

DIZZY

hi people tried a search but can't find anything 

I've got a defender pick up 200tdi that belonged to a tree surgeon and the tub is battered been searching and searching with no luck as you don't see many 200/300s in breakers or salvage yards but what I have found is a td5 tub from a accident damaged 52 plate obviously the filler cap is in the wrong location what's the best route and I don't want to be changing the whole panel? Has anyone ever used a aero flush fit cap? I've seen people saying if you extend the hose it will cause air locks in the fuel so I'm guessing I can't use the rear hole?

Have a look at this: http://www.yrm-metal-solutions.co.uk/epages/BT4822.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4822/Products/216 if you cant drill the spot welds from your old tub's filler recess to transfer it to the newer tub.

You can bond that to the old position with PU adhesive (eg Tiger Seal).  Take the measurements from your old tub to mark out where to cut the hole.  Folding the edges of the hole to get the neat factory finish would be tricky but possible, or you could cut the aperture complete with recess from the old tub, bond it inside the new tub after cutting, and use a little filler to hide the joint.