Sign in to follow this  
Cornish Rattler

What Clutch and Pressure plate to use

Hi guys

I'm in the process of making a list of everything I need to convert a 1971 s11a swb to Disco 200 tdi engine and need to know what clutch assy I need to use, I am using the original 2a g/box :)

Cover for the disco and then plate and thrust bearing for the gearbox. I don't know if you'll need to do any modifications though.

Les

My series 3 with disco engine was fitted with disco cover plate and diesel series centre plate. Series thrust bearing with no mods

I would say the cover plate depends on the clutch.  Using a SIII clutch system and bell housing allows the Tdi cover plate with a SIII friction plate.  But the different clutch system of a SII or IIA could require the older cover plate, and that in turn limits the friction plate choice.  If that is true, then use the HD friction plate, which I think is 9" for the SII.

With a 2a gearbox and clutch withdrawal mechanism you can use the late 2a 9.5 inch cluth cover (part number 571228) and the 9.5 inch late 2a/3 clutch plate (FRC2297).

Eric.

I always use the original type to suit gearbox, so my 88 has a full Series 3 clutch, my 109 has a Defender clutch, did a friends S2 and used a full S2 clutch on that.  Never have mixed and matched