Retrofitting Central Locking

When I get around to putting my new doors on to the 110, I would also like to fit central locking to them as well. I have seen some good posts on the Hawk kits and they seem reasonably priced. What have you used and what would you recommend?

I fitted one of the cheap kits from ebay on my old 90 - pretty standard kit consisting of a couple of door solenoids and a small control box. It all went together fairly easily and worked fine for the time that I owned it. I had a remote alarm that I connected to it for remote central locking, worked a treat.

I put an ebay special kit on mine more than eight years ago and it still works fine, the actuators seem pretty robust.

I seem to recall writing up a thread about it - if I did it'll be on this forum somewhere!

Edit: Seems I copied it to here, save you searching...

http://www.retroanaconda.com/landrover/2009/10/installing-remote-central-locking-on-front-doors/

On 05/10/2016 at 9:41 PM, DC_ said:

Cheers retro, I'll have a good read at that tomorrow and over the weekend.....sorry Reb78 for stepping on your toes bud. Good thread ?

No toe stepping as far as I'm concerned. Its all good information.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Snagger said:

The fuel pump is your priority.  This is a nicety, the pump overhaul is a necessity.

The central locking is just something I can gather together as and when. The pump will be sorted as soon as i have time but that wont be for a while unfortunately.

The Rightclick kit looks interesting.  I can't say I like the automatic locking with brake application function.  I can see the benefit in car-jacking prone cities, but anywhere else it looks like a way to be trapped in a crashed car, rescuers locked out and help delayed.  I think it's one of their wires I'd leave "taped up"!