Brake Pads, What are you using ?

Boydie

I did ask my local parts supplier to get in a set of blue bag SS pistons. They did so. We opened the little bag in open mouth excitement. Then taped the bag up and sent it back

Firstly, there's stainless, then there's stainless - this was rusty stainless

Secondly, we felt that as they were going into a round hole - then they ought to be round as well, not oval

I keep badgering Red to produce some - maybe one day

I wish I could say I was surprised, Dave, but I'm just disappointed.  Companies like Britpart undercut and then kill off the competition, leaving us with no choice but their rubbish, just like this case where they seem to be the only SS piston supplier now that Zeus stopped.  I really wish people would spend that little bit more, get decent quality stuff and support the manufacturers and suppliers who enable us to obtain decent parts, but at this rate, Britpart will be the only parts supplier for older LRs and we'll all be screwed.

• 1 month later...

To answer UdderlyOffroad's query, the pump can be activated with Nanocom I think, but some time ago I got the tip from another thread on here, which I just had a quick (unsuccessful) look for, the idea isn't new and isn't mine. All the Nanocom would be doing is directly switching the relay to activate the pump, so just remove the relay, substitute the switch and wander lead across the power out terminals and switch the pump on and off at will. Probably need ignition on, I can't remember. HTSH

(Sorry for the delay here, I didn't see the notification on my phone, only today when I switched the old PC on)