Minionda - mini rat bike

Team Idris

My bro pulled a mini bike side car 50cc kids motorbike out of a friends garden for me to resuscitate. Oh boy was it stuffed! All the UV damaged plastic work broke up nicely to fit in the dustbin when I stamped on it and the chain was rusted solid. The engine was full of water and that's bad for an air cooled two stroke.

first job was cut the bike out of the side car and then fit the donor engine, a 5hp Honda generator engine :D

then hive it a 6" frame stretch......

It moves :)

my favourite 'belt supplier' is Millenum Bearings in Lichfield, so I pootled off there to drop some cash on some nice bits.

(obviously this isn't getting the winch challenge truck finished, which has no door or rear wing, but this is way more of a giggle)

I managed to oh so carefully remove the exhaust manifold bolts by drilling the flat on the nut and tapping it loose with a punch. I guess like a gentle nut splitting with a chisel?

I tried phosphoric acid on the screws and it worked well :)

%5BURL=http://s146.photobucket.com/user/teamidris/media/IMG_1014_zpsfrdqo3yy.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r256/teamidris/IMG_1014_zpsfrdqo3yy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

• 1 month later...