Land Rover take note.

Happyoldgit

I think the guy said it right.

LR does not really care about business users for their products as they have now no longer "commercial" vehicles to sell with the new Disco IV.

Hee hee . . . and so it begins . . . I had a look at the release of the latest Disco and there was the usual dribble about off-road heritage or something similarly nauseating. As blinking if! 

Sadly LR have sold out to the Chelsea Tractor brigade.......Think it is something when you have to look for the model mame to tell the difference between a Range Rover evo and a new Discovery??? Perhaps that's how they're saving money these days, 1 shape and it can be 3 or 4 different models plus you get to choose which 1???

I don't understand. He got some messages from eco groups lobbying for him to buy a hybrid so he has taken down the video?

Why? He laughed about it, so what's the problem? I thought he was going to tell us something compelling like JLR got on with a cease and desist. 

EDIT: Ok now that I see the comment under his video I understand. "Various groups wanted to use my Land Rover video to get support for banning 4x4's.... Nah... get your own video."

Recently an eco group protesting about non-renewable energy stopped a coal train on route to a local power station, they used the correct flags and signals and were dressed as workmen. Once the train had stopped they put a stuffed polar bear on the tracks to stop the train proceeding, brought ladders, climbed onto the train and started shovelling coal into bags. The trainline was blocked for most of the day as the police wouldn't remove them by force. The powerstation didn't shut down as they have mountains of coal anyway. The vehicle they used to get the ladders etc to the train? A defender towing an ifor trailer :lol:

Back on topic, I don't think the current offerings would be much use as commercials anyway, the discovery was good as it had such a big back end and the defender was good due to the adaptability. Now most utilities (who are most likely to buy new not second hand) would get away with a 4x4 transit type which are very car like to drive and available with various body sizes or a pickup which are usually good enough off road, adaptable and significantly cheaper, better made and more comfortable than the defender.

It would be nice if the new defender was a true commercial but I expect it will be a tough looking plastic clad soft roader. I just don't think they see enough profit or volume, they can make more selling bling to china and Dubai.

52 minutes ago, Cynic-al said:

Recently an eco group protesting about non-renewable energy stopped a coal train on route to a local power station, they used the correct flags and signals and were dressed as workmen. Once the train had stopped they put a stuffed polar bear on the tracks to stop the train proceeding, brought ladders, climbed onto the train and started shovelling coal into bags. The trainline was blocked for most of the day as the police wouldn't remove them by force. The powerstation didn't shut down as they have mountains of coal anyway. The vehicle they used to get the ladders etc to the train? A defender towing an ifor trailer :lol:

It would be nice if the new defender was a true commercial but I expect it will be a tough looking plastic clad soft roader. I just don't think they see enough profit or volume, they can make more selling bling to china and Dubai.

That and the Stansted/London City runway sitins are exactly the sorts of eco-terrorism the police should be using high powered weapons for.  These sorts of hypocrites are using and abusing the ecological debate as a smokescreen merely to get away with causing trouble.  They are not activists, they are just terrorists.

As for selling bling to Dubai and China, there is a downtuirn n the economy down here because of gas and oil prices, but the only models that sell in great numbers here are the L405 and RRS - a fair few expats have Discoverys, but they're too expensive to sell in big numbers and aren't exclusive enough for the rich.  The new Discovery and Discovery Sport will sell here, but not in any useful amounts.

I think the super rich like Range Rovers etc as run arounds. Work have bought a 4 year old viano with 8,000 miles on which the family had for the nanny to take the kids to school in, probably a £40k+ car when it was new and they've part exchanged it for a new one :o

Staying off topic found some photos which I found quite amusing :D

_77778617_gp0stolzn.jpg

_77778190_gp0stolz2.jpg

_77773657_967805eb-199c-45c0-b758-113f87

So clearly Land Rover have to continue production of the Defender on environmental grounds whereas Toyota should be forced to cease production of the Hi-Lux on anti war grounds!