Best way to Strengthen a Seat box

Hi guys

At the weekend just gone I had a look at my none working fuel gauge which inc removing the drivers seat ( Mazda rx8 seat fitted ) to check the wiring on the tank, anyway whilst undoing the seat I noticed on both sides of the seat box where the seat box bolts to the rear bulkhead lip and where the rear of the seat rails are the box is bent in as though something very heavy has been left on the seats and damaged the seat box, think when son and his mate went off roading before I replaced the engine mite have hit a bump hard and caused the seat box to bend, so I am looking at straitening the seat box out and strengthening it on the inside.

has anyone else strengthened the inside of a seat box before and how did you do it please :)

Ha just went to go for a run out in the 90 to give it a run as I really haven't had chance since fitting the engine and having the FIP and injectors done, anyway whilst driving to the petrol station the driver's seat ( Mazda rx8 electric seat ) decided to fold up on me whilst driving and noticed the switches / buttons are pressing on the door and wasn't before I noticed the seat base was damaged, so I will have to do something now :o

RRC electric seats had a reputation for doing the same, which is a real risk if the driver's seat moves while the car is in motion.  As I understand it, the automatic transmission RRCs only had driver's seat power with the transmission in P (and maybe N) for that very reason.  My 95 RC has manual transmission and manual seats.  I don't know if electric seats were available with the manual transmission; I suspect they'd be powered through the hand brake warning light switch if they were available.  

It's worth on retrofits having a push button isolation switch that only allows power to the driver's seat while the button is held down for that purpose.

Cheer's Snagger, yeah I will have a look into an isolator switch when I sort the seat box out, I was more annoyed of the fact it let me fill the tank and then do it so for now I have reset the seat and un-plugged it, then attempted another run did about 10ish miles up the Mway and suddenly I lost all gauges and indicators so I have that to look into that aswell now then hopefully I can do a decent run :(

You have probably lost the brake lights too - they all run off the same fuse, if I remember correctly, only two fuses being used on the SIII (you may have some inline original fuses for hazard lights and perhaps the heater fan).  My guess would be that the seat collapse damaged the fuel tank sender wire, causing a fuel gauge short that blew the fuse.