standard wheels

Hi

I have been looking at putting some larger tires on my 94 defender 300tdi. i am currently running the standard steel wheels and tires. I dont want to fiddle with the suspension. i just want to fill the arches out a bit with some nicer, chunkier tires. i will be mainly using it for road use with some light off road stuff. i have a set of boost alloys which i believe to have 235/85/16 on. these are band new with very few miles on them. will these fit the standard steel wheels? sorry if this subject has been asked before.

Thanks     

I think they're a bit wide for the steel wheels if they're 5", but I suspect they'd be 5.5" and may be just about acceptable.  7.50s would be a better choice for the steel wheels, though.

Why not just use the alloys?  They're the correct width for 235, and can accept 255 without an issue.  They'd fit the hubs with no messing about; all you need is the correct nuts.