97 disco auto

doctor

Have recently put a new head on and have put a new 4 row heavy duty radiator in. My question is has any of you changed over to the waterless fill stuff for the radiator .Sound like it would cure the air in the system thing. All replies thank in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Evans waterless coolant will cost you a lot of money for very little benefit, its ONLY advantage is zero pressure at normal running temperature simply because it does not expand until it reaches well over 200*C.

Bleed your car correctly and you won't have any more issues, I drive in ambient temperatures well over 40*C and my coolant temp never goes over 95*C - normal 90^C   When ever I've emptied the radiator - like you 4 row heavy duty - I fill the entire system with demineralised water with 30% glycol coolant mix, bleed the air out correctly and I have yet to have a problem or need to top it up more than 500ml in a year..