Do we want / need another 200 Tdi into Series Post ?

Arjan

Bonjour All,

I'm in the middle of replacing the gearbox & 2.5 N/A diesel in the Series Hybrid for a rebuild box and a 200 Tdi ex Discovery.

As I know this is covered before I was wondering IF you'd all be interested in me doing some writing about this ?

After all, it has been covered before..

And I don't want to bore you guys.

The plumbing and wiring can be a problem for some folk, so more writeups on different solutions can be invaluable.  They can also be good for those who have already done it but are not satisfied with aspects of the conversion.  Fresh ideas are always useful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soren Frimodt said:

Plus an engine conversion just never is boring, period! :)

(sorry this is going to be offtopic somewhat) soo would anyone be interested in my engine conversion, a 3.0v6 engine out of a toyota camry into my 2,0 n/a MR2 ? :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2016 at 1:57 PM, Arjan said:

Bonjour All,

I'm in the middle of replacing the gearbox & 2.5 N/A diesel in the Series Hybrid for a rebuild box and a 200 Tdi ex Discovery.

As I know this is covered before I was wondering IF you'd all be interested in me doing some writing about this ?

After all, it has been covered before..

And I don't want to bore you guys.

YES, i'll likely read it more than once :)

Hmm....

I'll try to get something together.

Please bear in mind English is not my native tongue and I plays with trains & Customs for a living : I'm not a Mechanic..

However - I did eventually build a 110..

Hey Arjan, I'm up for a 2.25 to a 2.5di upgrade ;) I don't mind horse powers, I do mind reliability and economics....

I'm ~1.5 hours from you I guess. let's have a beer of coffee.... or a tea to honor the UK traditions ;)

Edited by xychix

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/25/2016 at 10:59 AM, Arjan said:

I have a 200 Tdi, a new gearbox and a Series Hybrid, so......

However, a simple engine transplant, other than a Mazda for the 110, could be interesting

I'm waiting for someone to do a 2.8TGV into a Series 109, so I can slavishly then copy it - haven't got the courage to jump in myself and do it yet. I do however have a soon to be scrapped BMW E39 with a 192 hp 2.5L M54 petrol sat in it, 160k miles on it - and would be absolutely bonkers, but seriously tempted :D

An M54 into a 109 isn't the hardest of conversions by any means. 

A little lateral thinking will see it mated up to a 5 speed box with standard components, theres enough knowledge out there to have it running out of the car it came from, so you just need to get the final gearing right and it'll be a flier.

I've just bought myself an M52B28 for my 110, but will be putting that on an auto.

I do however have an M51 which may well end up on the LT77 I have spare, and running a mechanical injection pump rather than the standard EDC one.

Whatever happened to all the 3.5 Tdi Mazda's ??? They seem to have vanished...

People are always welcome for tea - we even do coffee....

However, please give advance warning as I'm away a lot - often on short notice..

Hope to have the engine in by the end of next week when I'm back home again and to have it running. That is also the moment I can start putting up pictures. At the moment there is not a lot to see : just an empty enginebay..

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Mazda 35 slt for my 109 stationwagon..

it takes me a little while now for some things that life presented me, but it's in now.

mated to a autobox and all it needs is a downpipe to the rear instead of to the right.