stolen

Hardly worth the risk is it? A screen is only about £45.

I reconditioned a fairly rare 8-bolt water pump on a S2 a while ago - painted it and everything. Bolted it back on the vehicle and went away for the weekend. When I came back some thieving swine had unbolted it off the engine and swiped it. :angry:

Les. :)

its the hassle ,if its only £45 why steal it ? whats next wheels stereo ( now soaking wet & only 2 months old ) or maybe the car !! i earn **** money and cant afford this **** . my first sunday off in months so i can go off road and i couldnt go might get to go in january , nice eh

Not fair at all :angry: , where abouts are you? i have a spare screen and surround you can have for a reasonable price if you want, although you could always take the oppartunity to upgrade to heated screen? B)

Thats unbelievable, to have gone to the hassle of unbolting all the wind screen, it really amazes me what lengths some people go to and of course something like that is not worth buggering up your insurance and claiming.

Guest diesel_jim

apparently it's big business in the 3rd world, Africa etc, where the glass's are rare as hens teeth.

they run a stanley knife around the rubber seal and pull the glass out.

a lot of safari vehicles have small metal tabs riveted to the windscreen frame, top, bottom left and right which just overlap the edge of the glass and stop it from being pulled out.