This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how LR4x4.com Ltd uses your data. For example we will explain things such as we do not share any of our data with anyone other than accountants and HMRC for reporting yearly accounts. We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
Our Forum and its services are aimed at those aged 16 and over, but we endeavour via the A&M Team to Moderate language and posts to be morally decent and safe at all times for a family usage
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will do these and update both here (20th March 2023) and at the base of the document, you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
When you are using the LR4x4.com Ltd Forums, LR4x4.com Ltd is the ‘data controller’.
LR4x4.com Ltd is a UK based company and therefore, when visiting our website, personal data that we may collect online forms stays in the UK.
What is The LR4x4.com Ltd
LR4x4.com Ltd – which we’ll refer to as ‘LR4x4’ for brevity in this document
- LR4x4.com – if you’re based outside the UK and visit and use us, you will be interacting with LR4x4.com.
- This Privacy Notice applies to international uages, but there are additional terms for certain countries which supplement this notice and take priority over any conflicting provisions.
· For simplicity throughout this notice, ‘we’ and ‘us’ means the LR4x4 Forum.
Explaining the legal bases we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
· In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
· When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular area such as a Username if you wish to use one versus your actual name, and similar minor details to allow you to register with us. We NEVER disclose this data outside to any outside sources
· Contractual obligations
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations such as webhosting, moderation of posts etc, and contact details by Admin & moderators within the forum.
· Legal compliance
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
· Legitimate interest
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running the Forum, and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
· For example, we will use your email to advise of any special promotions we may run from time to time, or for communications of Donations etc, to send you or make available personalised offers.
· We DO NOT send direct marketing emails or Mail ,
· We may also use your address details to send you items from promotions that you may decide you wish to purchase via a donation etc, we do NOT however ever mail you telling you about products and / or services that we think might interest you.
· We may contact you regarding market research – but as of yet we never have !
· With your consent when you interact with us we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone about relevant products and services such as promotions, events, competitions and so on.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit us to register, and wish to ask questions on the forum, interact and or post up answers queries and ideas photos etc.
- When you create an account with us. As a “Guest” we do not collect any Data
- When you engage with us on social media. (you will be either “Registered” or as a “Guest” see above)
- When you sign up to LR4x4.com, you will be given access to an Area(s) only available to Registered members
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask one of the Admins or Moderators to email you information about a issue or service, most likely we will contact you via the forums personal message system, unless you request otherwise
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. But not other members other than what is shown within the forum – ie – Username, personal messages etc
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- If you have an account with us (NOT GUEST) but all other Bands from New member to Forum Financial Supporter – and all in between : your name, gender, date of birth, email and. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
· For example, the forum holds old notes/ Private messages from our conversations with you, and other members, details of any complaints or comments you make / or the moderation team may have engaged with you, details of posts / questions / help with answers and comments you made, items viewed forum web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
- Changes you may request – for instance change of Username / email etc
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit,
· It is unlikely that we will need to collect Sensitive Personal Information about you. “Sensitive Personal Information” is defined as your racial or ethnic origin, religious, political or philosophical beliefs, genetic data, and biometric data for the purposes of unique identification, trade union membership or information about your health/sex life and personal information relating to criminal convictions or offences. However, in some circumstances, we may need to collect or request voluntarily some Sensitive Personal Information for legitimate purposes.
We may collect and process the following but are not limited to:
· Personal information – Name, Contact details – Email address, Location (Where given);, IT information – IP addresses, Chosen Username
How and why do we use your personal data?
· We want to give you the best possible experience and help interacting with LR4x4. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you, which may help us understanding band width required to host the forum and other IT related information.
· The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our membership and providing the highest levels of service.
· Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
· Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make from any of our promotions we may hold from time to time, Simply, If we don’t collect your personal data on registration, we won’t be able to process, and comply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to your queries, and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our Forum via the A&M Team. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
For example, by checking your password when you login and using automated monitoring of IP addresses to identify possible fraudulent log-ins from unexpected locations.
- Our aim is to protect the membership we interact with from any and all criminal activities.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, , and legally required information relating to the membership. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
For example, Forum Software updates and changes whilst keeping your data valid and accurate post updates to enable you seamless continued interaction and usage
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law
We do not engage in any data for personalised direct marketing all offers will initially be posted in the main forum(s) and then you may decide to contact us.
The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
· To accept you as a user of the forum; to allow you to post on any of the forum boards;
· To provide you with information or news about the forum and our activities;
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between us;
· To provide you with relevant marketing communications;
· To answer your technical and support queries;
· To third parties in order that we comply with all legal and regulatory requirements; and
· Where you have given us permission, to contact you from time to time to keep you up to date
Purposes for processing personal information
Where you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data;
to enable us to perform our obligations under any contract with you.
· For legitimate interests provided these are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms e.g., to respond to your enquiries;
· Where we must comply with a legal obligation to disclose your personal information to a government and/or regulatory bodies and other third parties where required to do so by applicable law.
How we protect your personal data
· We know how much data security matters to all our Members. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
· We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
· Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive is secured and encrypted to ensure it is protected.
· We and our Hosting of the forum software regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security, and hence why we will from time to time update the Forums software
How long will we keep your personal data?
· Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. You can on leaving the forum return to “Guest status” and all personal information deleted or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for answers and information within existing posts on the forum.
The criteria we use to determine data retention periods include the following:
· In case of queries - we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period in case of a follow up query from you.
· In case of claims - we may retain your personal data for the period in which you might legally bring claims against us (this means we will retain it for at least 7 years) if and to the extent this is relevant.
· In accordance with legal and regulatory requirements - we will consider whether we need to retain your personal data after the period of retention in the case of queries or claims because of a legal or regulatory requirement. Some or all of these criteria may be relevant to retention of your personal data collected from you in connection with the forum.
· Permitted under applicable law - we will continue to retain personal data where necessary to provide the forum to you and where the retention of such personal data is necessary for the purposes of pursuing our legitimate interests.
· Please note that, although reasonable efforts will be taken, it may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all your personal information from our database or the forum server because of back-ups and other technical reasons. Where this is the case, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is suppressed to render it unusable.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
For example, delivery couriers, Forum web hosting databases, for fraud management, to handle complaints, and so on.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our Forums website and other business systems.
- Our Web hosting Company is Based in the USA - who equally comply with GDPR requirements, their policy: https://invisioncommunity.com/legal/privacy/ for reference
- Accountants & Reporting Bodies such as in the UK – HMRC and Companies house
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers to contact you about your order delivery following a promotion where an item is to be sent to you.
- We have and never will use any Direct marketing companies to have any communications with you
- Google/Facebook to show potential new members the forum and its activities but will not have any data relating to any member, neither will we ever pass that data to a third party for any direct marketing purposes.
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our forums or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
- Spam Defense
- The IPS Spam Defense Service passes the email address and IP address of the registering member to the service to determine the likelihood a registering account is a spam source.
- reCAPTCHA V2
- This site uses a CAPTCHA to ensure humans are performing certain actions. The CAPTCHA provider may set a session cookie and get information about your internet browser and device accessing this website.
- For further information please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Where your personal data may be processed
· LR4x4.com Ltd is a UK based company and so we will transfer your data to the UK, which is outside of the EU. We may also need to share your personal data with third parties and suppliers outside the European Economic Area (EEA). For example our Webhosting in USA
· Protecting your data outside the UK
· We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third-party data processors in countries that are outside the UK.
· For example, this might be required in order provide support services ie you have an issue with the Forum software / needing IT resolution.
· If we do this, we have procedures in place to ensure your data receives the same protection as if it were being processed in the UK. Any transfer of your personal data will follow applicable laws and we will treat the information under the guiding principles of this Privacy Notice.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- The deletion of the data we hold about you, in specific circumstances; for example, when you withdraw consent or object, and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end.
- A computer file in a common format (CSV or similar) containing the personal data that you have previously provided to us, and the right to have your information transferred to another entity where this is technically possible. In previous promotions once finished these have all been deleted as finished.
- Restriction of the use of your personal data, in specific circumstances, generally while we are deciding on an objection you have made.
- That we stop processing your personal data, in specific circumstances; for example, when you have withdrawn consent, or object for reasons related to your individual circumstances.
- If we choose not to action your request, we will explain the reasons for our refusal.
· We endeavour to use appropriate technical and physical security measures to protect your personal data which is collected, stored or otherwise processed by us, from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access.
· These measures include storing personal data on a secure server/database which is accessed via some internal control procedures protected with the username, password and IP address of our authorized users; storing hashed information as opposed to passwords and using secure cloud storage for database backups.
· Our service providers are also selected carefully and required to use appropriate protective measures.
· As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted over the internet. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we will use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
· We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
· If there is an interception or unauthorised access to your personal data, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
· We monitor and moderate the use and content of messages including any secure and/or private messages sent from and received by us so that we can identify and take legal action against unlawful or improper use of our systems e.g., transmitting computer viruses and attempts to prevent our website or other systems from working.
Your right to withdraw consent
· Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
· Where we rely on our legitimate interest
· In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data,
· We never have and have no intentions of offering any direct marketing either internally or from an external source - other than from LR4x4s A&M Team - in occasional postings in the Forum(s) to the entire membership
Checking your identity
· To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
· If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
- Simply put we do not engage in the practise
Contacting the Regulator
· If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
· If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
For all non-UK customers
· This Privacy Notice shall be provided in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Malay and Chinese languages. Should there be any conflict in the meanings between the English and translated version, the English version shall prevail.
· We will ensure that any third parties only process your personal data in accordance with their legitimate interests. These third parties may be subject to laws that differ from the laws which apply in the country where you reside. We do not actively take steps to ensure that any overseas recipient of your personal data complies with the laws which apply in your country.
· If you have any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer, and we will respond within your local timeframe response requirements. To complain about an alleged breach of this Privacy Notice or our privacy obligations at law, please provide us with as much detail as possible in relation to your complaint. We will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner
· For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, “personal data” means any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not the information or opinion is true, or opinion is recorded in a material form.
· We are committed to keeping your personal information secure and will use all reasonable precautions to protect it from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration. However, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to, disclosure of, misuse of or loss or corruption of your personal information. Nothing in this Privacy Notice restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
· If you are in Australia, you may submit a complaint to our Data Protection Officer who will come back to you within 30 days. If we have not come back to you or you are not happy with the response that you receive you may submit a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
· As your data may be transferred to third parties outside the country where you are located, local police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government bodies may have access to that data with or without LR4x4s knowledge. The personal data we process may be accessed by persons within the LR4x4, or our third party service providers, who require such access to carry out the purposes indicated in this Privacy Notice, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law. Personal data we collect is maintained primarily in the UK.
· If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, or in some Canadian provinces, your local Privacy Commissioner.
· Terms used in this Privacy Notice shall have the same meanings ascribed to them in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
· If you are in Malaysia you may submit any questions, comments or complaints to our Data Protection Officer who will come back to you within 21 days.
· The transfer of data to enable the company to supply the goods or services a customer has requested can be deemed as a Delegation.
· Terms used in this Privacy Notice shall have the meanings assigned to them by the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (also known as the PDPA).
· By Registering with LR4x4 browsing our website you agree that we may process your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice including for analytics and research into website use.
EU AND EEA Countries
· If you are sending us your personal data directly you do so within the sphere of your household or personal activity.. This Privacy Notice will apply to how any personal data you provide to us is processed.
· We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
· If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you:
Contact the Site Administrators
· Nigel Barker – Username Hybrid_From_Hell
· Steve Pena – Username HOG
This notice was last updated on 20th March 2023