Discovery II Speaker set

Desert Cat

Could anyone tell what is Discovery II "High Line" and "Mid Line" with the vehicle's speakers?

Could a "Mid-Line" tweeter P/N XQN100260 electronically replace a "dead" "High-Line" tweeter P/N XQN000010 ???

(Beside changing the tweeter connector).

On the Microcat CD, my 2001 ES listed of two options for "factory" tweeters:

LR P/N: XQN000010 (which is currently installed, but it make no sound - left side).

LR P/N: XQN100260

I got a XQN100260 from e-Bay, and I would like to replace the "dead" XQN000010 (originally fitted) with the XQN100260.

They both look almost the same (I had noticed a capacitor with the XQN100260.

On the Microcat the P/N XQN100260 is "Mid line" and the P/N XQN000010 is "High line".

Could the "Mid-line" P/N XQN100260 harm my AMP???

post-9480-1211656904_thumb.jpg

In the "mid line" system the audio freqs are split in 3: low, mid and high

The "high line" audio system splits the audio in 4: low, mid-low, mid-high, high

In a 4 way system the tweeter will produce the high frequecies starting from a higher low freq. For example, in a 3 way system the tweeter will produce sounds in the range of 2- 20 kHz but in a 4 way sytem the tweeter could be set to produce from 3 or 4 kHz up.

That's the difference between the 2 tweeters in the mid and high lines that you have. I don't know the cut off frequecies exactly but that's the general idea.

As for harming the amplifier, the only thing that can harm the amp is if the "mid line" tweeter has a lower impedance than the "high line" one, which I don't think it has (check if the impedance is written on the back of the tweeters somewhere).