Stickin in a 4.6

Pilley

Hi Guys. :rolleyes:

Just Finished building up my 4.6 engine to put in the classic, new water pump, oil pump etc.

Going to get the rad tested next week but was replaced in 2003, I am planning on meqasquirting soon but i am wondering should i fit and run in the cam on the old 3.9 set up first? :unsure:

I had a missfire on the old engine and think the ignition system has some issues. Its a J reg non cat without lambda sensors so will the ecu fault codes tell me anything or is this system too basic. My mate can read the codes if needed.

Also ready to start getting ecu, Edis 8, Lambda sensors etc. So alternatively could fit the engine, battle on with squirting and then run it in on the new system.

All p*ss taking or advice welcome.

Anyone around Birmingham Solihull on this forum used MS and Edis (Might need help when it all goes pear shaped) :lol::lol::lol:

If you have the engine out then now is the time to fit the trigger wheel and VR sensor.

You want to start and run the cam at 2000rpm for 20 minutes to break it in correctly so that is not the time to be messing with MS settings. Run it on the dizzy and ecu until happy with the engine then start the MS process.

Steve