panhard rod brackets

Discovan300tdi

hey chaps how common is it for the panhard rod mounting brackets to fail on 300tdi discos???

only I spent last weekend changing the axle casing on my motor as it had sheared off both mountings on the o/s and now my brother in law has come round with his 96 300 tdi with his mot failure slip and his has the same problem but his mountings have rusted away on both sides so have got the same job to do in the coming week , what a way to spend my week off work

still dont think they will be failing on my replacement axle for a while as Ive beefed the outers of the brackets up on the axle join with some 5 mm steel plate and got the welder at work to do the welding aswell as weldinig the new diff pan in place,, and just to stop it rusting in future the axle casing was then shot blasted and painted in cold galvanising paint followed by several coats of gloss black paint